Let’s dispense with the necessaries… I’m not a medical professional… blah, blah, blah… Don’t listen to me….yada, yada, yada….Just run and get your prescriptions filled… blah, blah, blah…
UPDATE – Joking aside. I have had to alter this original post twice to meet FDA requirements.
Last month a fellow blogger contacted me and said God had put me on her heart about joining an Essential Oil company. She knew I was a naturally bent kind of girl and I must have mentioned essential oils (from the healthfood store) before. I called her, listened to her schpeal and said, “Great. I’ll do it.” It was a total no-brainer for me.
Ironically FIVE days later another gal from another oil company came to me and I had to tell her the good/bad news!
These girls know me well!
So – yes. I am a “Wellness Advocate” for a major essential oil company (that I am no longer allowed to name… thanks for that FDA.)
I’ve got a big oils story I want to share with you but I’m gonna start light and today just share how my family and I got our feet wet with essential oils and how we began using oils in more than just homemade candles and when I need a lavender bathtime.
Silly me. I didn’t know they get right to the cells of your body and go to work for you.
But now I know.
And there’s no stopping me.
I was a bit overwhelmed… where do I begin I thought as I perused the website?
I started off by ordering the little basic starter kit. “The Introduction to Essential Oils Kit”
Lemon. Lavender. Peppermint.
I listened to the CD.
I went to YouTube and watched an Essential Oils 101 class.
I was sold.
I was beyond excited to incorporate these oils into the things we do in this family to stay healthy.
Here’s how we used our intro kit…
It’s summertime but the schoolyear is closing in fast. At this time of year I start to wean the kids off the night time craziness and head our bedtime routine back in the direction of structure and a healthier nights sleep than summer independence often brings.
My kids love routine so I said, “Kids, tonight Mom is going to give you an oil treatment like Momma gets at the salon.” (Asha always does an essential oil scalp treatment before your shampoo). So each night after the kids have laid down for each child I put a drop of lavender oil and a drop of peppermint oil on my hands, rub them together, hold them over their face and have them breathe in deeply, I then rub the oils into their hairline, on the bottoms of their feet and whatever is left on their chest and pillowcase. My kids are smoogey, cuddly little ones and they just LOVE this. It’s really helped wind them down after bid days of frogs, baby bunnies, chores and running wild. Of course, Joel and I are indulging in the same routine.
I also have been rubbing it on my forehead and even a TINY bit under my nose before I start my big Turbo Fire workouts. Gives me a ZING to get going!
For health reasons (I’ll explain more in coming weeks) I’ve cut out MOST of my caffeine intake and in the mornings if I’m in a fog I will put a drop in hot water for a peppermint tea. POW! Perks me right up.Really? Is there REALLY more to it than just aromatherapy?
I never thought you’d ask…
Look at this list from Mercola.com
My kids just love the tingle and lung opening that happens. It relaxes them.
Now how about lavender oil… We LOVE lavender oil in this house and use it for just about everything but here’s a small list of it’s benefits from Mercola…
The last oil in the kit is lemon oil.
I’ve been using a drop of lemon oil in my water all day long. But check out these other uses*
- Mix 6 drops of lemon oil and 6 drops of the purifying oil blend in a spray bottle, along with distilled water, shake well to disperse the oils and spray into the air, to help freshen the air in the bathroom.
- To remove gum, oil, grease spots or crayon, rub with 1-2 drops of lemon oil.
- Use 1 drop of lemon oil to add flavor to baked goods or beverages.
- For homemade lemonade, mix 2 drops of lemon oil, 2 tablespoons of honey and two cups of pure water in a blender. Adjust the amount of each ingredient to suit your own taste.
- For tough skin on your feet, rub on a drop of lemon oil, mornings and evenings.
- To clean and increase the shelf life of fresh fruit, fill a bowl with cool water and 2-3 drops of lemon oil. Drop your cleaned fruit into the water and stir. Be sure all surfaces of the fruit contact the lemon water. If you have an apple, and only want to eat half of it at that time, you can also put a drop of lemon oil on the part you want to save. It will prevent oxidation (browning) of the fruit, and adds a really nice flavor to the apple.
- To clean cutting boards, counter tops, cupboards and table tops, add 2-3 drops of lemon oil to water and spray them. Or, you could just add the oil to a pan of water, soak a cloth in it for wiping down surfaces.
- To clean your dishcloth, soak it overnight in a bowl of water with a drop of lemon oil.
- Add a drop of lemon oil to your dishwasher before the wash cycle.
- Rub a drop of lemon oil on your hands after using a public bathroom.
- Use a paper towel, soaked with several drops of lemon oil, to clean bathroom fixtures.
- Place a drop of lemon oil on mouth irritations. (What also works wonders for this is melissa oil.)
- Put a drop of lemon oil on the area of a tooth extraction.
- Put a drop of lemon oil on oily skin. It offers other benefits for the skin, and can be added to lotions or creams to improve skin tone and texture.
- Rub several drops of lemon oil on cellulite.
- Rub two drops of lemon oil topically onto toenails and feet.
- Rub several drops of lemon oil on legs to improve circulation and relieve pressure on the veins.
- Rub a drop of lemon oil to clean a butcher’s block or other cutting surfaces.
- Put 10-15 drops of lemon oil in each gallon of carpet cleaning solution, to help pull out stains and brighten the rug. This also leaves a fresh smell in the room. Mixing several drops of lemon oil into baking soda, and sprinkling it over the carpet before vacuuming is also very effective. (It works for your dog, too; although I don’t recommend the vacuuming part. A brush works just fine.)
Can you tell I’m excited??? SO MUCH information! I have so much more I could tell you about the quality of these oils but I am trying to control myself!
If there is one this I hate, it’s going to Walgreens and trying to find some crappy remedy for my family. I also hate heading into town to the health food store. It’s so overwhelming between the selection and the traffic!
If you are a health junkie like me check out the some of the great classes on YouTube or let me know and I’ll teach one for you in person or over the web – you will learn SO MUCH. Seriously, if you are skeptical of how easily our doctors write prescriptions for us, if you are looking for ways to QUICKLY treat your family for what ails them, if you love the idea of using a 100% pure, plant derived product for your health then essential oils are for YOU and yours!.
I have a big story to share with you soon pertaining to my personal health but I’d thought I break you in with the “Intro Kit” and how we use it.
Have an awesome day.
If you want to try them for yourself here’s my online store and it’s always on my sidebar. If you want the product for you and your family for wholesale shoot me an email – that’s the route I decided to take. firstname.lastname@example.org. I’ve been learning so much, if you have any questions about something you are experiencing I’d be happy to try and point you in the right direction.
Got a health issue? I’ll bet there’s an oil for that!~