OK, OK… A Photo of Me (and Belly)

OK, another request just came thru (others have come via email and FB) so…
There it is girls.
The belly.  A couple weeks ago.
NO maternity clothes this time around.
They suck.
Instead I went to ROSS (like TJ Maxx) and bought a bunch of XL and size 12/14 dresses to get me thru.  Besides, the last couple weeks I live in my sun hat or baseball cap and bathing suit.  I LOVE this photo of Joel and I.  It had been a LONG time since we had one taken.  And come on!!!  The dress???  It’s so fun with the belly and next year will be just as fun after two rounds of Turbo Fire.  It’s floor length and has just made this prego butt feel great the couple times I have worn it this summer.  (I rarely leave the farm).
Belly is a bit bigger now two weeks later but I have to say – running a farm, farmette, homestead… whatever trendy word you want to use these days does wonders for the expecting figure… weight gain has been about 34 pounds but I feel like for someone who is only 5′ 4″ I am carrying it a bit better this time.  Must be all those Turbo’s last year and all that chicken poop shoveling and planting I guess.  Not to mention wrangling four kids all day and living 12 long miles from my much coveted Culvers chocolate malt with extra malt powder instead of 2 minutes.
Here is me-n-my smokin’ hot, newly expecting sister-in-law.   SHE looks awesome and I could NOT be happier for her!!!
There you have it.
The belly.
This weekend as a family we will make the belly cast – the kids always love that.  Someday I am going to hang all five of them from the wall like a work of art.
It’s amazing that this little one is just inches away from us.
We are all SO excited.
As of this Saturday I have approval for a homebirth.  I can go anytime after that.  Please pray with us for another successful home birth – it’s very important to me.  I don’t “do” hospitals:)

Love you girls!
-Angela
Parisienne Farmgirl

Comments

Oh for goodness sake…you look just stunning. Good luck with your delivery girl, can’t wait to see pics of your sweet Bebe’

xo beth

I’m sure you have this one in the bag! But I’m praying that everything goes well! I’m sure all the physical activity around the farm is the best thing for you, pregnant or not, how God intended us to live. But with all that Pregnancy looks GREAT on you! :)

Hang in there!!
    Farm life is perfect for staying in shape and looks like so much fun!!
    LOVE the belly cast idea. Sometime day you’ll have to ask hubby to make a glass frame for them all and have each child sign them and you and your husband too!!!
    Take care and blessings for a successful,quick,smooth beautiful home birth!
    xo,
    Gail

Looking good! Praying for a safe (and easy!) birth. Give it six weeks and breastfeeding – you’ll lose the 35lbs. I did with both my munchkins – back to normal weight at both my 6wk check ups, without crazy diets or anything. Just feeding the baby and eating normal, healthy food. (I’m 5′ on a good day so about 30lbs was my limit.)

Looking good! Give it six weeks and breastfeeding – you’ll lose the weight fast. I did with both my friends and gained around 30 with both. (I’m 5′ and let me tell you, ROTUND was the name of the game.) Blessings for an easy (and safe) delivery!

Just beautiful, how exciting waiting for this little one. Hope you are resting some now and saving up some energy. We had the arrival of our first grandchild 8 months ago, via homebirth. You girls these days are so brave. I admire the courage it takes to do that. Will be praying for you, hope you keep us updated. This is like waiting for the little prince in our own little blog land. lol

Vous regardez fantanstique! I always love checking in with you, as I always leave feeling inspired. Farm life and pregnancy suit you quite well. I will be praying for a safe and comforting home birth. I look forward to “meeting” your new petit.