The First Thing We Did

There are things we have done to make the move easier for the kids…
Taking it slow we were blessed, our buyer was in “no hurry”, it’s a second home for here allowing us to take our time packing and leaving.
Painting the older kids‘ rooms the exact colors of their old bedrooms.
The excitement of the chickens (though it was a pain in the butt to run back and forth before the move every day).

And cutting our Christmas tree.

I imagine it would have been much easier this year to keep the decorations in tubs and call it a day but we weren’t having any of that.  And… bonus!  The tree farm we always go to is now right down the road!!!

Cutting the tree is one of my most favorite things to do with my family.  The kids always run wild, in and out of the trees and we measure, ponder and debate the attributes of everyone‘s favorite trees until we come to a unanymous decision.

We had to shove the boxes out of the way to make room for it but there is at least one corner of the house now that is sane and lovely.

Aidan, my little photographer!
 JUJU!!

No comments on my icky stretched out t-shirt!  It’s all I could get my hands on!
 9.5 feet tall this year!  We have 10 foot ceilings downstairs!

Comments

The “open the Christmas tree” video was so lovely I could feel the surprise your son had with every cut.
    The joy and happiness all the kids had. Enjoy it ..time goes by to fast.
    Lovely happy family photo too. Have all a Merry X-mas and best wishes and fun every day of 2013.

the “open the Christmas tree” video was so lovely I could feel the surprise your son had with every cut.
    The joy and happiness all the kids had. Enjoy it ..time goes by to fast.

The joy and happiness all the kids had. Enjoy it ..time goes by too fast.
    Lovely happy family photo . Have all a Merry X-mas and best wishes and fun every day of 2013.

May Gods blessing be on you and your sweet family. I enjoyed the videos and photos so very much. I will pray for added strength and engergy for you guys during this process. I think that you will have so many great memories there at the farm. Merry Christmas

The tree is very important to getting everyone settled in ( amongst all the moving boxes etc ). Your tree and family look fab and so happy to hear you can breathe again. All the best of health and happiness in the new year. Patty / BC

I love your blog and your family! It is such a breath of fresh air to see all of you enjoying one another. Plus, your kids are so cute! Just as cute as mine. :)
    Thanks for sharing your time with us. Everything looks so nice, can’t wait to see more. Lord bless!

Being from a divorced family, and being divorced myself, I always love to see happy families working and playing together. Gives me hope. Merry Christmas to you all!

So glad you got your farm at last. It is GREAT choosing and cutting your Christmas tree,reminds me of The Waltons”.Ten foot ceilings are made for Christmas! Much Joy to you and yours this Christmas.

Have been popping in to read your blog for over a year but never commented until today. So VERY HAPPY for you and your ~*~beautiful~*~ family! Merry CHRISTmas and keep up the good work on the farm! You guys are the bomb and inspire me tremendously!!!
    Cameo