Moving Day Pics

Two and a half weeks here at Half Way Farm.

Dozens of eggs.

Tons of garbage on the burn pile.

Lots of chicken poop.  (Why do they seem to like the walk-way the best???)

Seven more boxes to go!!!!!!!!!!!!

When the magazine launched this past spring a DEAR commented sent me a bottle of Veuve Cliquot.  We decided to save it for when we got our farm.  Thank you Steph~!  It was amazing!
Moving day was horrible.
I cried a lot.
 I never want to do it again.
Praise God for people who love to serve – SIX PEOPLE we don’t even know showed up from the church where our kids go to Awana and helped us INTO THE NIGHT!  Aidan mentioned it the Wednesday before and Saturday morning people just started SHOWING UP!  Plus my dad came to over see the piano moving, ( may post that video – it was SO intense!) my Mom and her husband… my sister and her husband.   And we never even got to finish the basement or touch garage!

Oh and – I can breathe again!!!  We got the ducts cleaned and withing TWENTY MINUTES I was a new person!  You should have SEEN the crud they sucked out.  So much dust and dander.  So much hair!
LeeLee’s birthday is Monday AND we are having Christmas on the farm.  Just heard we are going to get SLAMMED tomorrow with snow and 50 mile-an-hour winds.
Oh boy.
Getting ready bake me a cake hunker down.

Comments

Oh I am so excited for you and your family! I see ‘new’ kitchen cabinets in some of your pictures, I can’t wait to see all of the after pictures! You are so strong and such an inspiration to me!

I’m thinking that you are AMAZING!!
    You inspire me – and tire me (I can’t keep with you – you are like the energizer bunny!!)
    Can’t wait to see all the “after” pics of all you have done.

I am still unpacking myself, and finding things I haven’t seen in 25 years. But, I was at my French shoppe today, and saw my next purchase. My purveyor of French goods is Egyptian, and I run into others who go thru this French Christmas thing. But, I am working on Lent right now, as soon as the local gifts are exchanged. I am interested in following you but my vision and other handicaps make me afraid to put anything on line. But, I am seeing better with more light, and air, and birds and sky. And, some of those recipes seem attractive to me. But, you must put in some rhubarb. You can’t find it frozen, even, anywhere.
    Hope your snow is crisp and slow, and you fashion some snow shoes. They are very useful for many things.

Glad you are feeling better!! And that you are moved in, this will be a great Christmas, maynot be perfect, but is going to be a great Christmas! Enjoy the farm and family. Merry Christmas!

You are now in your new home yeah!!! Don’t sweat the putting things away stuff.enjoy the holidays.Merry Christmas and a Blessed New Year, Vonda

LOVE these updates! It’s really stupid how much I look forward to them. :-D Anyway, I’m so glad that you can breathe again and that it was such an easy fix. Have a Merry Christmas on your new farm!

glad it was just the vents! please tell me you at least took a break from schooling during all this or i may die of jealousy over your energy. and the moving help?? don’t you juts love christinas like that who seek to be the hands and feet of Jesus in the little things that are such a blessing from others. <3

It wasn’t until I read this post that I remembered we had to have the ducts cleaned in a previous house! It was in the 90s so I’d forgotten.

We’ve moved over twenty times, mainly due to my husband’s job. Now that our kids are grown and married, I told my hubby that the only way I planned to move from the house we now live in is if God were to call us home.

We wouldn’t have to pack in that case. ;)