Trader Joe’s Flower Pepper? Make Your Own!

It’s 64 magnificent degrees here in Illinois today… about a month ahead of schedule and one can’t help but think of the “farm to table” opportunities right around the corner!
 (Farm to table sounds so much nicer than “backyard to table” doesn’t it?)
As you get ready to place your seed orders and try not to foam at the mouth with your thoughts of your first trip to the nursery why not think of some creative ways to use what you grow this year?
The other day I was at Trader Joe’s and could not resist the purchase of their new “Flower Pepper” — it was one of those things that upon reading the label made me think, “Now why didn’t I think of that?”
I will definitely be growing my own this year and am already looking forward to giving it as gifts.  TJ’s ingredients are
Black peppercorns,
Lavender,
Calendula
and Corn Flowers
I’ll keep my eye out for beautiful grinders all year at TJ Maxx.
But I think I’ll experiment with mine, adding dried Nasturtiums for their additional peppery taste for sure.  Hmmmmm….
The mind reels with thoughts of another year of growing.
My Potager is calling?
Is yours?

Comments

I have done specialty salts this way,(dried mushrooms, lemon peel, coriander, etc…and actually thought seriously of marketing them) but never thought about doing it with pepper. Ooh…the possibilities!

I can almost smell that mixture from here. Our closes TJ’s is in Milwaukee-a few blocks from my daughter’s home. I love going there every chance I get. I am North of you in WI about 4 hours and we are having 50+º here this week. Unbelievable for us. Happy Weekend-Diana

Yes, lots of gardening thoughts swirling around in my head! Supposed to be between 70 and 79 degrees everyday this week in Kansas City…woooo whoooo!

I can’t remember if I told your or Anne Marie, but my garden did terribly last year due to the extreme heat and drought. And, my water spigot ended up UNDER the decking of my wrap-around porch. Although a cutout was made to access, the trekk decking is so heavy I could never lift it. Well TODAY, I got water access directly off of the porch! Now I can water every.single.day. with ease!

Your Flower Pepper mixture sounds delightful!

I am seriously chomping at the bit to get outside and play in the dirt…I’ve had enough of this indoor stuff!!! Can’t wait to go to the farmer’s market and grill all the goodies!!! Have a Great Day!!

Patti

Hmmm…flower pepper…sounds interesting!!! Might have to give it a try….I know I mentioned before that I am itching to get outside and play in the dirt….so many ideas…Can’t wait!!! Have a Happy Day!!!

Yes, Amelia and I have already spent quite some time in the potager this spring, and we’re loving it!
    I’ve been obsessed with lavender lately, so I’m going to try the lavender/peppercorn combo. This is a great idea, and really such a simple idea that will make an amazing impact. A friend of mine gave each of her friends a specialty salt she made as Christmas gifts and I’ve enjoyed cooking with it. Great idea on giving the gift in a peppergrinder.
    Oh, and that chocolate was delicious and came in handy on a few stressful evenings:)

Mandy