Heavy Hearted Weekend

There is plenty of time for recipes and fashion opinions and Oscar fashions but
It is with a heavy heart that I follow up with you this Friday on a post I did some months back…
It appears by today’s stories that Iran has committed Pastor Youcef to death.
A trial court in Iran has issued its final verdict, ordering a Christian pastor to be put to death for leaving Islam and converting to Christianity, according to sources close to the pastor and his legal team.
Supporters fear Youcef Nadarkhani, a 34-year-old father of two who was arrested over two years ago on charges of apostasy, may now be executed at any time without prior warning, as death sentences in Iran may be carried out immediately or dragged out for years.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/world/2012/02/22/iran-court-convicts-christian-pastor-convert-to-death/#ixzz1nKPTww95

I do not wish to elevate one life above another.
I know people die and loose loved ones all over the world at any given minute however I am so sad for this family has they have experienced and will experience things that you and I can not fathom.
I sit here, with the freedom to pray and read my Bible, the freedom to attend church on Sunday and I take it for granted in a way that is up hauling.
  Meanwhile people like Youcef are willing to die for Jesus.
 Willing to say goodbye to his beautiful wife and darling boys (whom I imagine he has not seen in some time) for the sake of Christ.
“For me to live is Christ, to die is gain.”
Phil 1:21
We American Christians are so spoiled.
He will be with his Savior in heaven and only seperated from his family for a short time when you consider eternity… but what a brave man.
What a sick world.
Of course we should not give up praying for a miracle.
Let us not forget the Voice of the Martyrs.
Let us not forget that people all over the world are being killed for their faith in Jesus.
Let us not forget two little boys who will grow up without a father in a culture that despises their faith.
Let us not forget our own children growing up in our culture that despises their faith.
I hope you hug your family tight tonight and thank God for
 (whatever amount of) the freedom we have left.

Comments

Lord have mercy.

I am new to your blog. It’s lovely. Thank you for writing about something so important. That many may not have heard about if not for reading it here.

I have been reading about that and I’m just flabbergasted that human beings are allowing that to happen! Just think if it was in our country. There would be such outrage! I’m so disgusted with the way our country is going and I’m a member of a minority religious group: Mormon. So you know how I’m treated sometimes. My heart goes out to that man and his family.
    xoxo,
    Connie

thanks for being willing to go here on your blog. fashion’s fun, home decor is so fun, but it’s so easy to forget that those are not what this life is really about. i’ve prayed for this man, and his dear family. it is so very tragic.

do you know that in ontario (?) they just passed a law that a homeschooling family is not allowed to teach homosexuality as a sin? {lifesitenews.com} pretty soon our pulpits and our homes are going to over run by idiots working for Satan. Jesus come soon!

One more reason I love to read your blog, Angela. So many people forget to be thankful that we have the freedom of Religion, here. Such as sad story.

Very sad. We forget the power that the evil one has so often. We think that we are so educated, so enlightened, so superior to the past generations…but we are not. Man has been and always will be fallen until the Lord returns. My kids think I’m SO strange when I warn them that Satan “goes about as a roaring lion, devouring those in his path”. Evil is real and unfortunately, alive and well. But God has ultimate power and if He so chooses, can stop this….but we must remember that most of the greatest followers of Christ in the Bible suffered terrible deaths and we have learned greatness from them. If God allows this to proceed we must rest in His wisdom and know that there is a reason and that good will come forth from it. Mere mortals are unable to stop evil unless God empowers them….God could stop Satan anytime he chooses. He does not because the presence of evil causes goodness to flourish and Christians to grow (among other reasons). We find this hard knowledge because we live in a very comfortable world (relatively speaking). Earlier generations were well acquainted with death and evil. We like to pretend that it is not true and that we can stop evil so therefore evil constantly shocks us. I am praying that this man will be saved but if not, then that Christians will rise up and be strong against evil when they see it…in whatever form it takes. That is what God loves and Satan hates….
    You did well to write about evil.
    Blessings
    Lorraine

We have been praying many months for Pastor Youcef….
    I ask myself if I would be so bold…to stand up for my Jesus in the face of torture and death. Yet he who denies Him before men will be denied before the Father. I pray I would be strong…

Pastor Yousef Nadarkhani was found guilty two years ago of ‘apostasy’, even though he was never a practising Muslim. His guilt was determined because he ‘has Muslim ancestry’ (which is a kind of convenient catch-all in a place like Iran), and he was sentenced to death
    I have brought it to the attention of as many people as I can, but what an we do when those evil Iranians in the government are past reason.
    We can only have faith that his ordeal of torture will be over soon and he will be with our Savior. I pray for his family. They have endured more we can imagine. The mother was also charged and condemned, but saved by appeal.

I’ve been following this story for awhile and I posted a link on my Facebook page from the American Center for Law & Justice. God knows and holds this man’s life in His hands. I’m continuing to pray for him and his family!! Love and hugs from the ocean shores of California, Heather ;)

9. Megan says

I’ve been folowing your blog for about a year now, but this is the first time I have commented. Thank you for blogging about this, it is important. I’ve been praying for Pastor Nadarkhani for some time now and wept bitter tears when the final sentence was issued. Still praying for God to deliver him back into the arms of his wife and sons (may the Lord surround them with His love and protection!), but if it cannot be, he will be delivered into the strong and loving arms of Jesus.

Thank you so much for posting this Angela! My heart breaks for him and his family. The only amazing thing to come out of this is knowing he will be with our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.
    I have chills and my heart aches for him and his family.

xo, Rachel

We do needa wake up call in this country. It’s taken for granted that indeed…we WAKE up every morning. We hug our spouses, our children, even our dogs. Our lives are a gift from God. We must not forget that we were put here for HIS purpose, not our own. Thanks for reminding us!

Thank you for remembering this young pastor. Yes, we are spoiled in this country, but with the current direction our country is taking we may also one day suffer real persecution for our faith.

Dear Angie, Thank you for following this story about Yousef, I have been following, as well and alert everyone that I can. I wish to mention though, that our being “spoiled” Christians in America is coming sadly, to an end. Our RELIGIOUS FREEDOMS are UNDER ATTACK by our current government. Obama’s HHS mandate not only forces all religious based organizations to pay for things against their core beliefs; but simultaneously strips away the “protection” given by our consitution for RELIGIOUS FREEDOM. That protection was meant to (in part) ensure that our government would NOT be able to force citizens to violate their religious consciousness. Currently, this is being done on 2 fronts, with mandatory childhood vaccines in several states (having removed religious exemption) as well as this nationwide HHS mandate. This affects ALL religious, not just Catholic-Christians. I hope that you will be able to cover Political Matters that affect the Family, continually in your new venture. Sorry for the long post! Thank you again, I am a BIG fan…and Best Wishes with the Magazine! oxoxox

14. Anonymous says

Wouldn’t it help if the US were to put pressure on Iran? At least make this go viral and call your senators and representative that at the very least this is a human rights violation. Perhaps Obama could take time out from stashing away the cash to protest. I know, expecting way to much from such a sick human being. But do call, even the White House takes calls.

15. Jess says

This is a terrible story, but I really do have to correct you on the comment that this man’s sons will grow up “in a country that despises their faith”. Iran has the right to religious freedom, explicitly for Christians, entrenched in their Constitution. I have not seen an instance of an Iranian who is hostile to someone because they are a Christian or treats them any differently because of it. Based on my observations, the way Muslims are treated in America on a day-to-day basis is much worse than Christians in Iran.
    The dispicable punishment that has been placed on this poor man’s head is due to a flaw in Iran’s penal code which allows discretion by judges, in this case some who are obviously bigoted and cruel. Unfortunately, similar flagrant behaviour is found in the American legal system…just look at those sent to death row from a conviction based on solely circumstantial evidence. Justice should be sought afar and in one’s own backyard.

I find comfort in knowing that our God is a Sovereign God and He knows the circumstances of the world in which we live…Christ himself warned us that if the world hates us it is because they hated him first. Will be lifting our brother in Christ up tonight in prayer.

17. Denise says

Another reason we should be grateful that we are living in America! Too many Americans take freedom for granted. Prayers for this family. Also, does your photo have to grace every aspect of your blog?? I don’t see one of you and your husband. Let’s hear how well your son is doing with the home schooling instead of another photo of you.

WOW….such sadness and courage…. you are so right that we “North American’s” as well as free Christians around the globe take it for granted…..would we have the courage and strength to face what they face? I would like to think I would….

blessings,
    Cindy♥

I am sickened at way the Muslims treat women and Christians. I thank God every day for the blessing of being an American Christian. I pray for Pastor Yousef Nadarkhani and his family.

Your Friend,
    Deborah

It’s a story beyond our comprehension since we are so fortunate to have so many freedoms in Canada and the US. How can a family, who have never hurt anyone, be treated in a way we don’t even punish our murderers and rapists here, just because they worship Christ?

May Gods grace, and light fill his prison cell, may he have his chains loosed in Jesus name and may this family have peace beyond understanding. xx and prayers Corrina

I have been sharing this with the Young Marrieds bible study my husband & I mentor with…..all in their early 30’s, busy with”life” and not paying much attention to the world. Can’t say that I did much different at their age but praying that God would be glorified and the name of Jesus lifted above all names whatever happens. Thank you for posting it.

I’ve been subsribing to Voice of the Martyrs for some time now, and the more and more I read these stories about Christian missionaries abroad, the more I am humbled at their courage and willingness to lay their own lives down in order to spread the gospel and hopefully win, even if just one, souls to Christ.
    I hope that I never grow complacent and that I can teach Amelia that kind of courage, that kind of sacrifice.

Mandy